1. I’m a lefty. In addition to being the only girl in the family, I’m also the only southpaw. Growing up, I had to sit in a certain spot so I wouldn’t bump elbows with whomever was eating next to me. My mom could not teach me how to write so, she would send me two houses down to our “lefty neighbor.”
2.I love red beans and rice but, I don’t like the beans.
3. I can bowl really, really well. My dad used to belong to three bowling leagues and would make us bowl in the grass to “perfect our aim.” My aim is pretty darned good!
4. I second-line hard. Street level second lining. Not that prissy stuff you see at weddings with people holding their lil hankie in the air. My dad’s side of the family comes from a long line of hard-hitting street level second liners…we roll with the buck jumping and errything!
5. I have never done any recreational drugs. NEVA. Don’t like anyone or anything controlling me…I have control issues.
6. I have a great sense of humor. I can make you split a rib from laughing so hard.
7. I cuss like a sailor. I’m working on it….I said, I’m working on it!
8. Today it dawned on me that, I am the exact same weight as I was in high school. How’d that happen?
9. I just “unfriended” 20 people from my facebook page. Ya know, I’m really beginning to hate that darned thing. It’s like having to be bothered with fools all day. Ironically, most of the people I unfriended were people who, I went to school with. Why did I ever friend them to begin with? I didn’t like them in school…now, I gotta be bothered on the internet…NOT.
10. I sleep with my eyes open. Sometimes. I remember being a teen and having my mom shake the shit outta me screaming, “ALISON! ALISON!” I woke up saying, “what?” Her reply, “girl, I thought your ass was dead…your eyes were wide open!”